One of the perks of being a mother to a girl is that I get to dress her like my very own doll. It has been fun for me, being an only daughter while growing up. A few years from now, I will be shopping for a prom dress for her but as early as now, I have asked some moms I know about tips when buying prom dresses. Here are some thing you need to know as a mom when buying a prom dress for your daughter.
- Set a reasonable budget. Aside from prom dress, you also need to pay for shoes, accessories, makeup, etc. A prom as an event can be very expensive so setting a good budget can prevent frustrations on your part and your daughter’s too.
- Plan and purchase accordingly. Know if there are special underwear requirements like a special bra for the strapless gown. Make sure that these needs are also factored in when budgeting.
- Consider and discuss her shoes. Know her date’s height and how high a heel she is considering. Know how high comfortable a heel is for her. You might also consider buying a pair of foldable ballet flats that she can carry in her bag as the evening wears on.
- Discuss how your daughter will wear her hair during the prom. Make sure that the planned hairstyle will match her chosen dress style. The hairstyle should compliment her dress’ details.
- Know the store’s return policy. Since prom dresses are highly seasonable items, some stores have stricter return policies. Thus, making a good and wise decision right then and there will save you money and time.
- Lastly, remember to have fun. This is a memorable event for your daughter and being a part of it is a privilege. Make sure that it is fun experience for you and your daughter.